-Visit Black Sun-
SOME IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING VISIT
Our temple is located at 11934 Lorain Avenue, Cleveland OH 44111. Our parking lot is located to the west of the building, off West 120th Street. Street parking is also available.
We are located on the second floor of the building, right across from the landing (two double doors painted black, with a Black Sun sign on them). This building is a mixed residential and commercial building, so we do ask that you stay quiet while coming up the stairs so as not to disturb our neighbors.
RULES OF THE TEMPLE
In order to maintain harmony among members as well as visitors, there are some temple rules that need to be followed:
1. Please remove shoes before coming into the temple proper. You can stow your shoes behind the counter in the foyer, or in the living room area. Exceptions to this is if you're doing any construction work in the temple proper.
2. Pax Templi. This means all disagreements, arguments, or negative personal feelings toward members and guests of Black Sun are to be left outside the temple doors. You don't have to like your Brothers and Sisters, but you do have to respect them and their boundaries.
3. No drugs on the premises. If you are caught with any illegal drugs, you will be told to leave immediately. If you show up visibly high or drunk, you will be told to leave immediately. Any alcoholic consumption should be done in moderation. If you do get drunk at a Black Sun event, we will make sure you are taken care of (we will call you a taxi or Uber/Lyft if we cannot drive you home). Any person who is acting as an officer in a Mass or initiation shall not be inebriated before or in the course of their duties. If they are, they will not be permitted to act as an officer for that event or ever again at Black Sun. NO EXCEPTIONS.
4. In compliance with Ohio Revised Code 2923.1212, unless otherwise authorized by law, pursuant to the Ohio Revised Code, no person shall knowingly possess, have under the person’s control, convey, or attempt to convey a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance onto these premises.
5. In order to respect everyone’s schedules, all events at Black Sun will start on the times posted. Members and guests are expected to arrive at the arrival times posted (this includes 45 minutes before a Mass starts to allow the Mass team to get ready properly). The only exception to this is if a person notifies the master that they are running late. It is then up to the master to decide if they should be allowed in or not. If the door is locked when you arrive, do not knock. We won’t hear you, and it’s disrespectful.
6. If you are coming for a Mass, please note the 45 minute before arrival time. If you have a Mass robe stored in Black Sun’s EGC room, please remove it from that room 45 minutes before the Mass begins. You will not be permitted in the EGC room until after the Mass otherwise.
7. If you are an officer for the event and are late, do not expect to be part of the event. This includes Priests, Priestesses, Deacons, Children, Initiators, or side officers.
8. Clergy for the Gnostic Mass are expected to arrive one hour and fifteen minutes before the scheduled start time of the Mass. No exceptions.
9. Any issues are to be brought up to the Officers of Black Sun Lodge: Andrew, Lori, David, or Benjamin. They will be happy to help.